Add additional fields to your WooCommerce checkout!
Some shops need to offer add-on products, services, licenses, or other miscellaneous items to their checkout process, but there’s no easy way to do this using WooCommerce. That’s where WooCommerce Checkout Add-ons steps in!
WooCommerce Checkout Add-ons
Checkout Add-ons allows you to add additional fields to your checkout page, such as checkboxes, select (dropdown) menus, text fields, and file uploads. This is really handy for stores that need additional information added to their orders on a per order, not per product basis. For example, here are some sample uses for the extension:
- Adding costs for tax stamps to an order
- Enabling gift options (just like Amazon!), such as:
- adding gift wrapping options
- entering gift messages
- select whether to include a packing / list invoice with prices
- Adding file uploads (such as photos or videos) for a product or service
- Adding costs for rush orders (i.e., expediting handling)
- Option to add cosmetics samples to orders
So long as inventory / SKUs do not need to be managed for your add-ons, you can use them to add anything to checkout!
WooCommerce Checkout Add-ons will also display add-ons in the “Edit Order” page to administrators. Customers will be able to view add-ons as order line items as well:
You can also view additional fields on the Orders page and filter or sort orders based on the checkout fields they contain: