Hello everyone! We’re excited to release a new extension today: WooCommerce Checkout Add-ons.
What does WooCommerce Checkout Add-ons do?
Great question. Have you ever wanted to add services or products (both free and paid) to your checkout? For example, do you want to provide gift wrapping services or the option to add gift messages to your store’s orders? Yep, that’s what Checkout Add-ons is for!
You can add several different field types to your WooCommerce checkout, including:
- Text – Add a small bit of text (e.g., gift recipient name)
- Text Area – Add a larger block of text (e.g., gift message)
- Select – Add a dropdown menu with the option to assign a cost to options
- Multi-select – Add the ability to select some or all of a list of options (can optionally add costs for each)
- Radio buttons – Add the ability select one of a list of options
- Checkbox – Add a checkbox to enable / disable something at checkout (such as gift-wrapping)
- Multi-checkbox – Add several checkboxes to select some or all of a list of options (can optionally add costs for each)
- File Upload – Add a file upload field to checkout (such as an upload for photo retouching)
Each of this fields can optionally add a cost to the order total, and these costs can be taxable or nontaxable. The fields that have multiple options can add a costs for each option if desired.
Any fields that are created will be displayed on the checkout page to all customers:
Using WooCommerce Checkout Add-ons
Viewing custom checkout fields is easy! You have the option to view these from the Orders page, and can even opt to enable order sorting and filtering using these new fields. Administrators and customers will both now be able to view any add-ons that have been added to the order:
Admins can quickly view any added fields and sort orders alphabetically / numerically by those fields, or filter orders based on the checkout fields added:
Simple! WooCommerce Checkout Add-ons gives you a fast, easy way to add additional products (such as samples) or services (such as rush fulfillment or gift wrapping) to your checkout process!