Our purpose is to level the playing field for eCommerce growth.
We give every online store the chance to compete by simplifying enterprise-level tools and strategies, and making them available to every merchant.
While we have a singular goal as a team, we care about how we reach that goal. Our company values and guiding principles drive our decision-making and process.
We believe in integrity in two senses: being honest and having strong moral principles, while remaining undivided and united together. We have integrity as individuals and unity as a team.
- Take ownership. “Not my job” isn’t part of our vocabulary. If you can solve the customer or a teammate’s problem, do it.
- Pass the newspaper test. If any of your actions were published in the newspaper tomorrow, make sure you’re proud of the way you’ve acted.
To be successful as a software company, we must always evolve and learn, and innate curiosity is central to this. A strong desire to know and learn drives everything we do, and leads us toward continuous improvement.
- Always be learning. Be curious, and excited to learn from each other and our customers. Seek continuous iteration and improvement.
- Strong opinions, weakly held. Be committed to a belief, but entirely open to changing your mind in the face of strong evidence to the contrary.
3. True Grit
Is it persistence? Is it resilience? It’s more — it’s courage, resolve, and determination in working towards an objective, especially in the face of adversity. It’s not carrying on for the sake of continuing, but proceeding with conviction towards a mission.
- Think in terms of first principles. Always question assumptions and why we do something the way we do it.
- Bias towards action. Be willing to act without complete information. Experiment. Use your best judgment and execute, then adjust as necessary later. Disagree and commit.
Software is, by its nature, designed to be useful to others. In order to do this well, we must be able to understand and internalize the feelings and struggles of people using our products. We consider things from our customers’ point of view and put ourselves in their shoes in every project.
- Love the customer. Be on the customer’s team and on their side; understand and empathize with their problems, then optimize for solutions to them. Anticipate their needs and aim to delight.
- Build genuine relationships. We focus on being open, honest, authentic, empathetic, and helpful. We seek to be engaged deeply in our relationships within and outside of our team.
We believe in abundance and in giving or sharing more than is expected or required. We’re generous with our teammates in giving time, patience, and knowledge; generous with our customers in sharing help and expertise.
- Passionately share knowledge. Be willing to share knowledge and be a mentor to teammates, customers, and partners.
- Optimize for quality. You can only pick 2: time, quality, cost. For us, the choice is simple — we will always spend more to achieve higher quality and consistent improvement.